- Step 1: Make loop Make a loop by crossing one end of the rope—or "working end"—over the remaining rope—or "standing end."
- Step 2: Form smaller loop Pass the working end horizontally behind the loop, forming a smaller loop at the base of the larger loop.
- Step 3: Poke end through small loop Bring the working end around the front and poke it down through the smaller loop.
- Step 4: Tighten knot Pull the working end to tighten the knot, creating an adjustable loop. You're ready to snare.
- FACT: The word "noose" is believed to originate from the Old French word nous, meaning "knots."
You Will Need