- Step 1: Grab two corners Grab the sheet by two corners of one of the shorter sides.
- Step 2: Hold up sheet Hold it up in front of you so it hangs lengthwise from head to toe, and so the side that will face up on the bed is facing you.
- TIP: If you're folding a top sheet, which goes on the bed face down, have the plain back side facing you.
- Step 3: Fold over sheet Move your hands down the sheet so the top edge falls toward you, and continue moving your hands down until the top edge meets the bottom edge. The face-up surface will now be on the inside.
- TIP: After the first fold, it's quicker and easier to make the rest of the folds on a clean, flat surface.
- Step 4: Fold in half Fold the sheet in half in the same way again, letting the top edge fall toward you until it meets the bottom edge.
- Step 5: Repeat fold Repeat this fold again, for a total of three half-folds.
- Step 6: Fold left to right Now fold the narrow rectangle you've created in half from left to right.
- Step 7: Repeat fold twice Repeat the fold in the same manner two more times. Smooth the finished product with your hands, store it in your footlocker or linen closet, and relax, soldier.
- FACT: American soldiers must pull their bed sheet tight enough for a drill sergeant to bounce a quarter off it.
You Will Need
- A flat bed sheet in need of folding
- A clean
- flat surface