- Step 1: Dissolve Jell-O Pour the package of Jell-O into a bowl, add a cup of boiling water, and stir until completely dissolved—about three minutes.
- Step 2: Add liquor Stir in a cup of cold vodka, or the chilled alcohol of your choice.
- TIP: Mix in chopped pieces of fruit, if you like.
- Step 3: Pour into containers Pour the mixture into individual containers, like small paper cups, shot glasses, or plastic martini glasses. Lightly coat the containers with cooking spray beforehand and the shots won’t stick.
- TIP: Lots of websites offer gelatin shot molds for every occasion, from little football helmets for Super Bowl Sunday shooters to eyeballs for Halloween shots.
- Step 4: Serve Serve! Have toothpicks on hand in case people need help loosening the shot from its container.
- FACT: The world’s largest Jell-O mold was made from 7,700 gallons of Jell-O in Brisbane, Australia, in 1981.
You Will Need
- A package of Jell-O or generic flavored gelatin mix
- c Boiling water
- c Vodka
- or the alcohol of your choice
- Individual containers
- Cut-up fruit