- : The Morning Banana Diet hasn't been tested by the scientific community. We cannot guarantee you'll lose weight with this regimen. We can guarantee you'll enjoy this video.
- Step 1: Begin the day with bananas Eat up to 4 bananas in the morning. They contain resistant starch, which helps burn fat: Just 2 bananas eaten in the morning can help your body burn fat all day. It also helps the body absorb calcium, a nutrient that has been shown to help weight loss. They contain Vitamin C which helps the body flush fatty acids & fiber, which helps you feel full.
- Step 2: Eat lunch and dinner Eat whatever you want for lunch and dinner with the exception of dessert.
- TIP: Eat slowly, chewing food thoroughly. Stop eating the minute you feel full.
- Step 3: Drink only water Drink only water. Research shows that drinking two cups of water boosts metabolism by 30 percent, and keeps it elevated for 30 to 40 minutes. Plus, cutting out all other beverages saves most people hundreds of calories a day. The diet’s creator recommends sipping room temperature water throughout the day.
- Step 4: Enjoy a snack Enjoy a sweet treat at around 3 p.m., like a small piece of chocolate or a cookie.
- TIP: The creator of the diet advises staying away from ice cream, donuts, and potato chips, perhaps because they are foods people tend to overeat.
- Step 5: Stop eating at 6 p.m. Try not to eat after 6 p.m., and definitely don’t eat anything after 8 p.m. Late-night snacking is the downfall of many dieters.
- Step 6: Be in bed by 12 Be in bed by midnight at the latest. If you can manage to go to sleep earlier, all the better. Research shows that people who get six hours or less sleep per night are more likely to gain weight. Aim for eight hours of shut-eye.
- FACT: Many Japanese supermarkets sold out of bananas in September 2008, after a national celebrity touted the Morning Banana Diet on a television show.
You Will Need