- Step 1: Make "Q" shape Cross the end of the rope over the top of the remaining rope, making a "Q" shape.
- Step 2: Make second loop Take the end of the rope, or the tail of the "Q," and cross it over again, making a second loop to the right of the first loop.
- Step 3: Stack edges Stack the left edge of the first loop to sit on top of the right edge of the second loop.
- Step 4: Pull edges through loops Simultaneously pull the right edge of the first loop through the second loop while pulling the left edge of the second loop through the first loop.
- TIP: The size of the loops can be adjusted by gently pulling them larger or smaller.
- Step 5: Tighten To tighten pull on both loops.
- FACT: Also known as a Hobble Knot, cowboys would tie this around the legs of their horses or cattle to keep them from wandering too far during the night.
You Will Need
- A single length of rope