- : If you have been inactive for a length of time, or if you've had any recent surgery or physical problems, particularly of the muscles and joints, please consult your doctor before you start a stretching or exercise program.
- Step 1: Stand & bend knees Stand up straight with your knees slightly bent.
- Step 2: Bend & raise elbow Bend your right elbow and lift it straight forward and up so the inside of your forearm is next to your ear and your palm is facing your back.
- Step 3: Grab elbow Reach your left arm over your head, placing your left hand on the front of your right elbow.
- Step 4: Pull elbow back Gently pull your right elbow back until you feel a nice tension.
- Step 5: Hold stretch Hold for 10-20 seconds, breathing deeply
- Step 6: Repeat on left arm Release your right elbow and lower your right arm to your side. Bend your left elbow and repeat the stretch with your left arm.
- Step 7: Repeat on right arm Release your left elbow and repeat the stretch on your right elbow again, going slightly further into the stretch and holding for up to 30 seconds.
- Step 8: Repeat on left arm Release your right elbow and repeat the stretch on your left elbow again, going slightly further into the stretch and holding for up to 30 seconds.
- Step 9: Release stretch Release your left elbow and enjoy that loose-limbed feeling.
- FACT: Lou Ferrigno, the bodybuilder who played the Incredible Hulk on TV from 1978-1982, was the youngest person ever to win the Mr. Universe title at the age of 21.
You Will Need
- Comfortable clothing
- A towel (optional)