- Step 1: Wear gloves Put your gloves on and get ready to do battle.
- Step 2: Mix in softener Mix the fabric softener into the bucket of water.
- Step 3: Moisten a cloth Moisten a cloth in the mixture and apply it to the soap-scummy areas.
- Step 4: Let it sit Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Step 5: Wipe away scum Use the same cloth to wipe away the scum.
- TIP: If the scum is particularly stubborn, attack it with a plastic-bristled scrub brush.
- Step 6: Rinse the tub Rinse the tub with water. Use a pot or cup to splash any parts of the tub the tap and showerhead won’t reach.
- TIP: Wiping your shower dry with a towel after each use can help prevent the buildup of the evil scum.
- Step 7: Wipe it dry Wipe the treated areas dry with the other cloth and throw a victory party!
- FACT: About 10 billion pounds of soap is produced worldwide every year.
You Will Need
- Rubber gloves
- Two clean
- dry cloths
- A bucket with four qt. of warm water
- One c. of liquid fabric softener
- A plastic-bristled scrub brush