- Step 1: Ready the saucepan Ready the saucepan. Put it on the stove over medium heat.
- Step 2: Add ingredients Place the peeled garlic cloves in the pan, and submerge them in oil.
- Step 3: Cook the confit Cook the confit. Let the oil come to low simmer and then continue cooking for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- TIP: Keep your eye on the pan—you don’t want it to get too hot. If your garlic takes on too much color, or browns, you’ll need to start over.
- Step 4: Let the confit cool Let the confit cool. When the garlic is soft—but still pale—it will have all the flavor of garlic, but none of the bite!
- FACT: You can store garlic confit in the refrigerator for up to a week.
You Will Need
- Peeled heads of garlic
- 1 c. of olive oil
- A small heavy saucepan
- A stove top