- TIP: Add a little wine to the chicken’s juices, cook, and serve as a tasty sauce on the side.
- Step 1: Cut the trussing string Cut the trussing string.
- Step 2: Remove the leg and thigh Remove the leg and thigh. Cut between the breast and the thigh. Then split the leg & thigh. Feel around for the joint and cut right through it. Repeat on other thigh.
- Step 3: Begin carving the breast Begin carving the breast. Cut right along side the center breastplate. Bring knife down until you hit the cartlidge. Pull away a bit and cut down the breast.
- Step 4: Remove the breast meat Remove the breast meat. Cut wing bone joint. Serve breast & wing together, or separate with knife.
- FACT: Chickens were first domesticated in India and China as early as 5000 BC.
You Will Need
- A whole roasted chicken
- A sharp carving or chef's knife
- A cutting board
- A serving platter