- Step 1: Do some aerobics Get some aerobic exercise. Burning calories is the best way to lose fat, so walk at least 30 minutes every day and also incorporate moderate to intense aerobic activity—like running, biking, skiing, or hiking—three to six days a week for at least 20 minutes.
- Step 2: Eat less Take in fewer calories by exercising some portion control. Men and women of different ages and activity levels have different daily needs—look yours up online and stick to it!
- TIP: In terms of measuring out portions, three ounces of meat is the size of a deck of cards, one ounce of cheese is about four dice, and one cup of pasta is as big as a tennis ball. Sorry.
- Step 3: Do squats Whenever you have a free moment, squeeze in a few squats. Standing with your back straight and your feet at a slight outward angle about shoulder-width apart, lower your body to a 90° angle. Work your way up to 20 at a time.
- TIP: When doing squats, make sure your heels stay on the ground and your knees don’t go over your feet—this will help avoid knee damage.
- Step 4: Do lunges Do lunges every day. Take a long stride forward with one leg. Land on the heel, lower your body until your other knee is near the floor, then push back off your heel to the starting position. Work up to twenty per leg.
- Step 5: Play with a ball Lie on your back on the floor and place your feet on an inflatable stability ball about 3 inches apart, toes pointed forward. With the help of your heels, lift and lower your butt to the floor as many times as you can.
- FACT: Though many of us would like a trimmer rear end, butt implants are one of the fastest growing procedures in plastic surgery.
You Will Need
- Fewer daily calories
- More daily exercise
- Some calisthenics