- Step 1: Make him jealous Psychos are usually possessive, so test him by doing a small thing to make him jealous—like sharing your secret crush on a celebrity you’re unlikely ever to meet—and see whether he overreacts.
- Step 2: Pay attention Pay attention to whether or not he attempts to dictate how everything around him is done. Punctuality is one thing, being a control freak is another.
- Step 3: Dress sexy Go out with him in an outfit that’s more revealing than you’d normally wear and see if he tries to dictate the way you dress.
- TIP: When dealing with a control freak, stay as calm as possible. This can serve to relax them as well. If you match their level of aggression, you’ve chosen to fight on their terms—not yours.
- Step 4: Watch the waiter At dinner, observe how he interacts with the waiter. A philosophy popularly known as the 'Waiter Rule' makes the claim that you can learn more about a person from how they treat a waiter than from how they treat you.
- Step 5: Ask your friends Ask your friends what they honestly think of your guy. Many times they can see flaws that you overlook.
- Step 6: Flirt Watch how he reacts when you flirt with other men. If he flies into a rage, he has definite jealousy issues.
- Step 7: Pick a fight Pick a fight over something stupid, like the drink he spilled at dinner. If he flies into a rage, he’s a bit unstable.
- Step 8: Hang on If after all these little tests your guy hasn’t gone bonkers, hold on tight! You’ve found a keeper.
- FACT: Ninety-two percent of American serial killers are men.
You Will Need
- An open mind
- Friends you trust
- A sexy outfit