- Step 1: Add ice Drop a few ice cubes into the glass.
- Step 2: Add rum Pour in 1.5 ounces of rum.
- TIP: Light rum or dark rum work equally well in this drink, and although fresh lime juice is preferred, bottled juice will work too.
- Step 3: Fill with cola Fill up the rest of the cocktail glass with cola.
- Step 4: Add lime & stir Squeeze a wedge of lime into the drink and stir with a swizzle stick.
- TIP: The Cuba Libre, for obvious reasons, has also become known as a Rum & Coke, which is usually made without the lime.
- Step 5: Garnish & serve Garnish the drink with the second lime wedge, serve, and salute.
- FACT: The Spanish-American War broke out on April 25, 1898 and ended just 10 weeks later on August 12, 1898.
You Will Need
- 1 1/2 oz. rum
- A highball glass
- 2 lime wedges
- A swizzle stick