- Step 1: Pour the rum Pour three ounces of dark rum into a Collins glass with a handful of ice.
- TIP: For a cocktail that looks (and tastes) lighter and less sweet, substitute light rum for dark.
- Step 2: Add the juices Add an ounce of lime juice, pineapple juice, and orange juice.
- Step 3: Stir thoroughly Stir until the glass is frosted.
- Step 4: Top with grenadine Top with a splash of grenadine.
- Step 5: Garnish with a cherry Garnish with a maraschino cherry. And there you have it -- the perfect punch.
- FACT: A St. Louis hotel called the Planter’s House is said to have invented Planter’s punch, as well as the Tom Collins.
You Will Need
- 3.0 oz dark rum
- 1.0 oz lime juice
- 1.0 oz pineapple juice
- 1.0 oz orange juice
- 1 dash of grenadine
- A Collins glass
- One maraschino cherry
- 3.0 oz light rum (optional)