- : Always consult a physician before attempting any exercise program.
- Step 1: Lie face down Lie face down on the floor.
- Step 2: Place hands Place your hands on either side of your chest, palms down, with your fingers wide and pointing forward.
- Step 3: Position feet Flex your foot so that your toes point toward your head and your heels are up in the air.
- Step 4: Push off floor Keeping your body in a straight line, push yourself off the floor until your arms are almost fully extended.
- TIP: Flex your back, stomach, butt, and leg muscles to keep your torso in line—and make your push-ups a full-body workout.
- Step 5: Lower body Slowly lower your body until your chest almost touches the ground.
- TIP: To make push-ups easier, leave your knees on the floor—to make them harder, put your feet up on a step.
- Step 6: Repeat Do push-ups until your arms are ready to give out. Fortunately, you're already on the floor, so relaxing is easy.
- FACT: In 1956, at the age of 42, Jack Lalanne set a world record of 1,033 pushups in 23 minutes.
You Will Need
- A clean flat floor surface
- A step