- Step 1: Tear duct tape Tear off a foot-long piece of duct tape.
- Step 2: Slit Make two eye slits in the tape with scissors or a knife.
- Step 3: Fold over Fold it in half lengthwise, so the sticky side is now completely covered.
- Step 4: Punch holes Punch holes in both ends and loop a piece of string through them so you can tie the 'glasses' around the back of your head.
- TIP: If you don’t have any string, a shoelace will do. Or use more tape.
- Step 5: Admire Notice how little sun the slits allow to get in your eyes.
- FACT: Sunglasses were invented in China in the 12th century.
You Will Need
- 1.0 ft Duct tape
- Scissors or a knife
- Some kind of string
- A shoelace (optional)