- Step 1: Pull off mint leaves Set 1 mint sprig aside, and pull the leaves off the remaining sprigs.
- TIP: Some mojito recipes call for as many as 2 dozen mint leaves—how many you use depends on how "minty" you want your drink to taste.
- Step 2: Add mint, lime & sugar Line the glass with the leaves and add the 4 lime wedges and the sugar. Gently muddle everything against the sides and bottom with the muddler or back of a spoon.
- TIP: In Cuba, where the mojito originated, just 1 tsp. of powdered sugar is used.
- Step 3: Fill with ice Fill the glass with ice.
- Step 4: Pour in rum & mix Pour in the rum and mix again.
- Step 5: Add soda & garnish Top off the cocktail with soda water and garnish with a sprig of mint. Mojito!
- FACT: While the Mojito was a favorite of "Carrie" and the gals on Sex & the City in the 1990s, it was also a favorite of Hemingway and the guys in the 1930s.
You Will Need
- 2 oz. light or gold rum
- Some fresh mint
- 2 tsp. sugar
- A lime cut into 4 wedges
- Some soda water
- Some ice
- A collins glass
- A measuring jigger
- A muddler
- And a spoon