- Step 1: Cut the potato skin Make a cut all around the potato, lengthwise. Try to slice only the skin, not the actual potato.
- Step 2: Boil it Put the potato in a pot of boiling water. Boil until it is soft inside
- Step 3: Cool it off Plunge the potato in ice water for 10 seconds. The surface of the potato will shrink, while the center remains hot.
- Step 4: Remove the skin Rub the potato with both hands and watch the skin fall right off.
- FACT: Thomas Jefferson introduced the french fry to most Americans when he served some at a White House dinner in 1802.
You Will Need
- A knife
- A pot of boiling water
- Ice water