Want dog whisperer Cesar Millan to work his magic on your problem pooch? Use these tips to help you jump through all the requisite hoops.
- Step 1: Fill out all the release forms, which you may download from the show's website. Every adult and minor shown in the video must sign a release form, and at least one bio sheet should be filled out per submission.
- Step 2: Submit your videotape and release forms by mail to the address specified on cesarsway.com, or in person at an audition location listed on the website.
- Step 3: Show that you have tried to correct the problem yourself without success. It tells producers that you are motivated and are more likely to follow through with Cesar's advice. Just don't show aggressive dominant behavior if Cesar shows up!
- FACT: As a child in Mexico, Cesar Millan earned the named El Perrero, Spanish for the Dog Boy, due to his fascination with dogs.
- Step 4: Review the tape to make sure the camera is as still as possible. Avoid having the date and time on the screen. Don't zoom in too close to the dog and show as much of the environment as possible. Refrain from adding music to your submission video. Editing your video is not a requirement.
- TIP: The more the videotape features your dog's bad behavior, the better your chances of getting on the show.
- Step 5: Be unique. An unusual breed, a uncommon location, or something distinctive about the dog or its owner are all things the producers look for.
- TIP: Quirky dogs with phobias are particularly sought after.
- Step 6: Make a videotape that shows at least three instances of your dog's unwanted behavior. Introduce yourself and your dog, describe and demonstrate how your dog's problems are affecting your life and why your situation would be a good story. Also include the things you love about your dog.
- Step 7: Check the cesarsway.com website to find out if Cesar's show, _Dog Whisperer_, is accepting applications from your area.