Delta Medallion members earn rewards through air travel. Check out how to achieve this status.
- Step 1: Achieve the highest level in Delta's Medallion status program, Diamond, with 125,000 MGMs or 140 Qualification Segments, which includes the benefits available to other statuses, a second Choice Benefit, and free Delta Sky Club membership.
- FACT: In 2009, Delta Air Lines offered over 500,000 flights.
- Step 2: Keep flying to achieve Delta Platinum Medallion status, which comes with 75,000 MQMs or 100 Qualification Segments. Platinum members get to select an item from Delta's Choice Benefits, which include travel or retail gifts from Delta or one of their corporate partners.
- Step 3: Build up 50,000 MQMs or 60 Qualification Segments to reach Delta Gold Medallion status, which includes additional privileges like priority security-line access.
- TIP: You must re-earn your status every year.
- Step 4: To achieve Delta Silver Medallion status, the first level, earn 25,000 MQMs or 30 Qualification Segments. This entitles you to complimentary upgrades, waived baggage fees, preferred seats, and priority boarding and check-in.
- Step 5: Join the SkyMiles program. Use your SkyMiles number when booking a Delta or SkyTeam flight so the trips count towards Medallion status. Medallion Qualification Miles are earned by flying, and Qualification Segments represent the number of flights and connections taken during a calendar year.