Achieving excellence takes hard work, but it's easier if you have the right mindset. Apply yourself to your studies, your business, or just to living with a sense of purpose, and watch what you can achieve.
- Step 1: Be focused. Once you have looked at all of the possible ways of achieving your goal, focus your efforts where you have the best chance of succeeding.
- Step 2: Don't be afraid to modify your plans. If something you are doing isn't working, discard it and try something else.
- FACT: Microsoft Excel, a popular spreadsheet program, was originally written for the 512K Apple Macintosh in 1984-1985.
- Step 3: Keep an open mind when considering ways to achieve your goal. Don't miss out on opportunities because of tunnel vision.
- Step 4: Connect with other high achievers. Learn best practices and tips for success from them.
- TIP: Look at the results obtained by other high achievers and set your goals accordingly.
- Step 5: Be confident. Believe that you can achieve your goals. As you begin to see results, your confidence will increase.
- Step 6: Put together a strategic plan for achieving your goals. Setting a goal without a plan to reach it is a recipe for failure.
- Step 7: Be determined to achieve excellence. Set goals that are important to you, not to someone else, whether they are in business, school, or daily life.