Becoming financially independent and self-sufficient is doable. Find out what you need to turn your financial life into a success story.
- Step 1: Take action each day toward your goals. If one of your goals is to start a business, do a little each day toward finding funding and a business partner. Use all your skills and resources, and explore all the possible avenues that may lead to achieve your goals.
- Step 2: Take risks. Achieving your goal may call for going outside your comfort zone and doing things you never thought possible. Never give up on your dream.
- FACT: The number of women-owned firms grew nearly twice the rate of all United States firms between 1997 and 2006.
- TIP: Make daily to-do lists to keep yourself on track.
- Step 3: Write down your goals, objectives, and action steps to get you where you want to go. Be specific, set deadlines, and stay focused.
- Step 4: Understand the importance of financial planning, both personally and professionally. Plan how you will fund and grow your personal savings with help from a financial consultant and accountant.
- TIP: If you're in credit card debt, focus first on paying your debt down.
- Step 5: Invest in success with your time, energy, and money to make your dreams a reality. Understand what's required to succeed in business, including systems, pricing, sales, marketing, and advertising. Read books, go to school, and make contacts.
- Step 6: Be passionate about achieving success. Whether you're passionate about your craft or simply intent on changing your life for the better, go for it wholeheartedly. Believe in yourself and in your dream, no matter what the odds, and emotionally invest in achieving your goals.