Achieving success requires dedication, but you also have to focus your energies in the right areas. Learn the tools to become successful.
- TIP: If you are in school, look for role models among your teachers.
- Step 1: Recognize that 2 people with very different levels of ability can both find ways to succeed at the same task. Do not give up when you face difficulties.
- Step 2: Celebrate your success. Pay attention to how your success was achieved. Now go out and do it again.
- FACT: As of 2007, 60 to 70 percent of small businesses succeed in their first 5 years of operation.
- Step 3: Seek out role models. Learn from their successes and failures.
- Step 4: Realize that success is not just a matter of luck or chance. It is something you have control over.
- Step 5: Recognize that achieving success means you must compete against those in your way. This is true whether you are in business or college. However, it means you may sometimes lose.
- TIP: Eliminate as many of the obstacles to success as you can.
- Step 6: Assess your experience of success. If you need encouragement or praise to feel successful, surround yourself with people who can provide the necessary encouragement.
- Step 7: Have realistic expectations about your abilities. Do not set standards for yourself that are too high or low.