Vascularity is achieved when the veins are just below the surface of the skin and are visible. It is a must in the world of bodybuilding and can be increased through various techniques.
- Step 1: Pump iron backstage at a competition or photo shoot to get blood flowing to your arms or legs. Now, go impress your audience with your vascularity.
- FACT: The National Amateur Bodybuilders Association held the first Mr. Universe competition on June 24, 1950.
- TIP: Some bodybuilders rub a hemorrhoid ointment over their skin to remove water from the skin.
- Step 2: Drink a lot of water. The more water you drink, the more you will urinate, and the more water will leave your system. You need to eliminate as much water from your skin as possible so your veins can pop up.
- Step 3: Drink wine right before a bodybuilding competition. Consume one glass about a half hour before the show. Alcohol travels quickly to the bloodstream and makes the veins appear fuller.
- Step 4: Get muscle definition first and foremost. The less fat beneath the skin, the better.