If you are earning less than your potential, these ideas can help you boost your income.
- Step 1: Keep up with professional training. Acquire skills that are transferable to a range of positions and soon you will not only be earning more money, but you'll also get to pay more taxes.
- FACT: According to Forbes magazine, in 2010, Microsoft's Bill Gates had a net worth of $54 billion.
- Step 2: Find a mentor who can guide you. Surround yourself with supportive people and ignore naysayers.
- Step 3: Carefully consider what is most important to you and write down your goals. Having goals will help you direct attention to what is important.
- Step 4: Evaluate your work professional experience and the duties and responsibilities you cover in your current job. Recognize your value. Think positively and have faith in your own abilities.
- Step 5: Be assertive when negotiating your salary or consultant rate. Now that you know how much you're worth, don't be afraid to ask for it. Back up your salary or rate request with a concrete explanation of how you'll make money for your client or company, or of how you'll save them money.
- Step 6: Find out whether you currently earn less than your potential. Search online for salary ranges in your career field.