With a little practice, you can save money and avoid the salon by applying stylish acrylic nails yourself.
- Step 1: Let the acrylic dry for 10 to 20 minutes. Then shape and smooth your nails with the nail file. Moisturize with nail oil as needed.
- Step 2: Apply your desired hue of nail polish for a finished appearance. The result – professional looking nails!
- FACT: Did you know? Fingernails grow faster on a person's dominant hand.
- TIP: Apply the acrylic mixture as many times as needed to build the natural nail up to the same height as the acrylic tip. Avoid the cuticle area.
- Step 3: Pour the liquid acrylic into the dish. Dip a brush into the liquid, blot, and then dip into the powder acrylic. Apply the mixture to both your natural nail and the acrylic nail tip.
- Step 4: Dab a small amount of glue on a natural nail and apply the acrylic tips. Then trim as needed with a nail file and cutter.
- TIP: Immerse your finger in a bowl of water to immediately remove a crooked acrylic nail.
- Step 5: Remove any old nail polish, file your nails smooth, and push back overgrown cuticles. Then cut your nails short and apply a hand sanitizer to prohibit bacterial growth.