Want to smell great without reeking of too much cologne? Here's how.
- Step 1: If you have a spray bottle, two sprays from five inches away is the most you will ever need.
- Step 2: Re-apply after six to eight hours to keep smelling good all day and into the night.
- FACT: Cologne, or eau de cologne, was created in 1709 by Giovanni Maria Farina, an Italian expatriate living in the German city of Cologne.
- Step 3: Use restraint. Apply no more than a total of two fingers' worth.
- Step 4: Apply evenly to clean skin on your pulse points, behind your ears, on your neck, chest, or anywhere else you'd like to smell nice. Applying to different points ensures gradual release of the scent.
- TIP: The smell of aftershave doesn't linger as long as cologne.
- Step 5: Place one finger over a regular, non-spray bottle of cologne and tip it over.
- Step 6: A little cologne goes a long way, so forget the commercials that show men splashing handfuls of aftershave onto their faces and necks. Smelling like you took a bath in cologne is anything but manly.