You know you're top cheerleading material, so get out your pom-poms, let your team spirit shine, and get down to work.
- Step 1: Bring your brightest smile to the game, keeping it on even when your team is losing or stunts are strenuous.
- Step 2: Keep your grades up and demonstrate good moral character so your team, school and community can be proud of you on and off the field and court.
- FACT: The Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders reportedly are paid only $50 per game.
- Step 3: Practice cheerleading routines and moves before an audience of family and friends to develop your performance comfort level in front of an audience.
- TIP: Record your practice and review it to learn where you need to improve your technique.
- TIP: Watch cheerleading practice and competition videos to better understand proper form and techniques for a variety of cheerleading moves.
- Step 4: Improve your voice quality by learning to project cheers from your stomach rather than your throat.
- Step 5: Attend a cheerleading clinic or camp at your local school, a university, or community organization, such as the YMCA or YWCA, to develop and perfect your skills.
- Step 6: Focus on conditioning using a program emphasizing strength, endurance and flexibility, all keys to maximizing athletic performance.