Weddings are memorable and fun, and you can enhance the party by being a good wedding guest. Just keep the focus on the loving couple!
- TIP: Avoid taking pictures with a flash during the ceremony.
- Step 1: Smile, introduce yourself, and have fun with the other guests at your assigned table. Do not change seating assignments.
- Step 2: Limit the amount of your personal toast and drink in moderation. Always keep in mind that, while you may typically be the life of the party, the wedding is all about the bride and groom!
- FACT: Single female guests at Turkish weddings sign the bottoms of the bride's shoes; whosever name is worn down the most, will be the next to wed.
- Step 3: Use a video camera to capture the memories at the appropriate times and in the appropriate locations.
- Step 4: Attend the wedding ceremony and be on time. Do not just attend the reception, unless only invited to the reception.
- Step 5: RSVP to the wedding once you know you will be attending. This will help the hosts plan the memorable event. Add a congratulations or a thank you on the RSVP card.
- TIP: Do not invite or RSVP for uninvited guests to the wedding. No one likes a wedding crasher!
- Step 6: Give a meaningful gift. Send the gift before the wedding date or bring it to the reception. Wedding gifts should be received within one month after the couples' honeymoon.
- Step 7: Dress appropriately for the wedding. Avoid flashy clothes. Female guests should avoid wearing revealing outfits or any shade of white.
- : Don't drink unless you're of legal age. Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive.