When wedding bells ring, the host and hostess are key to making the day a success; understanding their duties ahead of time helps ensure the day is all the happy couple has dreamed.
- Step 1: Greet guests graciously, introducing yourself, and directing them to the gift table if necessary.
- TIP: Watch for late comers after the reception has started.
- Step 2: Assist with clean-up following the reception, helping to ensure the end of the party is the beginning of the couple's happily ever after.
- FACT: Before their big day, Moroccan brides soak in a purifying milk bath.
- Step 3: Check that reception details are in order, making sure the cake, decorations, and band are in place.
- Step 4: Place the guest book at the entrance of the reception facility, making sure writing tools are available.
- TIP: Prepare to share the role of host and hostess with another couple in a large wedding.
- Step 5: Coordinate your dress with the bridal party attire, making sure your clothing choices complement the style and colors chosen by the bride and groom.
- Step 6: Prepare for your key duties as a good wedding host and hostess by leaving the ceremony site early to be the first to arrive at the reception site.
- Step 7: Attend all wedding events and showers prior to the big day and support the wedding couple in any possible way.