A friend should be supportive, honest, trustworthy, and fun to be around. If you need to thin the herd, here's how to do it with tact.
- Step 1: Allow your friend to ask any questions that they may have.
- Step 2: Be positive and do not put all of the blame on your friend.
- Step 3: Look to the future and begin building new relationships where both sides benefit.
- FACT: The average person has a social network of about 150 people.
- TIP: Be respectful with your words.
- Step 4: Stick to the concerns that you have and avoid arguing.
- TIP: Treat it like breaking up with a boyfriend or girlfriend.
- Step 5: Practice what you are going to say.
- Step 6: Be direct and honest about your feelings.
- Step 7: Meet with your friend in person to break up with them. Do not discuss your issues over social networking sites, by mail, or through text messaging.