If you find your taste buds in revolt over bland, tasteless takeout pizza, this cheap solution will bake a pie just like a fancy Italian bistro.
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to its highest possible temperature for 30 to 60 minutes. For most ovens, this is about 500 degrees.
- Step 2: Bake your frozen or fresh pizza for only a few minutes and be careful not to burn it in the scorching temperatures.
- FACT: Did you know? Americans eat 100 acres of pizza every day.
- Step 3: Insert your pizza stone inside the firebrick house.
- Step 4: Place a layer of firebricks along the lower rack. Create side walls by placing two to three bricks on either side. Finally, create the "roof" with a layer of firebricks on the upper oven rack.
- Step 5: Locate a garden supply center or tile shop that carries firebricks.
- TIP: Use unglazed bricks because they do not contain lead. Avoid construction bricks; they won't conduct heat well.
- Step 6: Cover the bottom oven rack with aluminum foil to catch spilled toppings and dripping cheese.
- Step 7: Use the tape measure to estimate how many firebricks you will need and what size brick works best for inside your oven.