We spend a large portion of our lives sleeping, so choosing the proper mattress is very important.
- Step 1: Ask the salesperson questions about the type of mattress you’re considering. Inquire about durability and warranties.
- Step 2: Test your mattress at least twice before making a decision. Inquire about delivery options, return policies, and whether the store will remove your old mattress.
- FACT: Did you know? The longest recorded time without sleep was over 18 days, during a rocking chair marathon.
- TIP: Bring your own pillow.
- Step 3: Lie down on the mattress in the same position you normally sleep. Evaluate the level of comfort and support.
- TIP: Research mattress types before you shop, including standard, pillowtop, air-chamber, and memory foam mattresses. Compare prices and options.
- Step 4: Bring your sleep partner if you share your bed so that you can make the decision together.
- Step 5: Wear loose, comfortable clothes when shopping for your mattress. Make sure you can easily remove your shoes.