Teenagers are notoriously picky and hard to please, but not if you use one of these super Sweet 16 gift ideas.
- Step 1: Create a homemade spa gift basket, including bath products, body sprays and lotions, grooming supplies, face creams and mask, and scented candles.
- Step 2: Go for a high-tech gift if your budget allows. MP3 players, cell phones, laptop computers, and video game players are at the top of most teens' wish lists.
- FACT: The _quincenera_ is a coming-of-age ceremony held in some Latin American cultures on a girl's 15th birthday.
- Step 3: Get a subscription to a magazine related to their interests, whether it's fashion, music, sports, a hobby, or politics.
- Step 4: Give the gift of music with tickets to see their favorite singer or band. Make sure you buy at least two so they can bring a friend.
- TIP: Not sure what their favorite store is? A prepaid credit card will do the trick.
- Step 5: Look for jewelry, like earrings, a ring, or a necklace personalized with their initials or their birthstone.
- Step 6: Consider a gift card to their favorite clothing store in the mall. Chances are, they'll return the clothes you buy them, so you can't go wrong with a gift card.