Get that perfect gift for a mother-to-be or for a sweet little baby.
- Step 1: Buy clothes that can be used frequently for playing, outings, and showing off cuteness. Fancy outfits are nice, but they are not practical.
- Step 2: Get a gift receipt to accompany the clothing in case it is too small. Enjoy seeing your gift on the baby!
- FACT: As early as the 16th century, children wore "pudding" caps to protect their heads when learning to walk. The cap was made of a roll of stuffing placed around the forehead and tied in back.
- Step 3: Check garments for their functionality and ease of use. If they are hard to get on and off for diaper changes, they will probably not be worn.
- Step 4: Read the washing instructions and choose garments that are machine-washable. Moms will appreciate this little convenience.
- Step 5: Choose a size or two more than the baby's age to be safe. If the clothes are for a baby-to-be, choose clothes in the nine-month or higher range. New moms get lots of little clothes but very few older outfits.
- TIP: Baby clothes are sized by age. If a baby is between ages, choose the next size up.
- Step 6: Read the labels to choose natural fabrics like cotton and wool. Synthetic fabrics don't breathe and can cause a baby to overheat.
- Step 7: Check out your local discount or overstock stores for good deals. The brands they carry are the same as the department stores.