Chickens require a diet of carbohydrates, fat, protein, and vitamins and minerals. Here are some tips for buying appropriate chicken feed.
- Step 1: Keep in mind that wild chickens consume a diet of insects, seeds, and grains if you decide to mix your own chicken feed. Now enjoy your healthy flock.
- FACT: White leghorns are one of the most popular egg-laying chickens worldwide.
- Step 2: Opt for chicken feeds in crumble or pellet form if feed wastage is a concern.
- TIP: If the label does not provide this information, purchase high protein chick starter for brooding chicks to promote their growth, and calcium-rich layer chicken feed for egg-laying hens.
- Step 3: Check the label on the bag of chicken feed to see which growth stage the feed is intended for.
- Step 4: Choose a commercial chicken feed that has been specifically formulated for the type of chickens you are raising.