Purchase the right valances for your window treatments to express your personal style and create a friendly, comfortable home.
- Step 1: Unleash your imagination for a designer look using a unique method to attach valances to rods, like baby blocks for a child's room, fish lures in a den, or wooden eggs in a kitchen.
- Step 2: Say good-bye to boring rooms by selecting valances rich in color, pattern, and design from the thousands of options available in stores and online. Now, using simple tools, hang the beauties and relax in the wonderful environment you've created.
- FACT: Purple is a decor color associated with prosperity and dignity, according to feng shui theories.
- Step 3: Measure windows with a metal tape measure to determine the valance length needed. Based on the measurement, select coordinating rods 6 to 12 inches longer than the window.
- TIP: Buy washable valances for kitchen windows that may absorb splatters.
- TIP: Valances are suitable for every room in the house.
- Step 4: Establish a budget for your window treatment purchase. Valance prices are related to the size, shape, materials, and availability of the valance you buy, so take those factors into account when setting aside funds, and when deciding the type of valence you want.
- Step 5: Consider both style and function before you buy valances, especially if they must be coordinated with blinds, drapes, or curtains. Avoid combining light fabrics with heavier materials.
- Step 6: Determine the effect you wish to achieve before you shop for window treatments. Keep in mind that valances range from elegant, velvet styles to lightweight, colorful, and breezy styles.