You just found out you are pregnant, and your first question is, "When is my baby due?" Use these steps to calculate the arrival of your bundle of joy.
- Step 1: Start planning for the arrival of your new baby.
- FACT: A baby is considered full-term if it is born no earlier than 3 weeks before the due date.
- Step 2: Add one year to the date. This is the approximate day your pregnancy will end and your baby will arrive.
- Step 3: Add 7 days to the date.
- Step 4: Mark the date, including the year, on the calendar and subtract three months from the date.
- TIP: Depending on your date, you may need the previous year's calendar, too.
- Step 5: Determine the first day of your last menstrual period.