Phoning someone in South Korea is a cinch if you know the drill.
- Step 1: Dial the local number, which is seven or eight digits.
- FACT: The iPhone, released in June 2007, wasn't approved for sale in South Korea until September 2009 due to concerns over privacy.
- TIP: The area code for Seoul, the capital, is the number 2.
- Step 2: Dial the area code, which differs from region to region. Leave off the initial zero.
- Step 3: Dial 82, South Korea's country code.
- Step 4: Dial 011, the international access code.