If you think saving the environment requires a herculean effort, these tips will have you going green with the greatest of ease.
- TIP: Invite a friend to come along and get twice as much done.
- Step 1: Plan the day's meals around locally produced or organic products.
- Step 2: Turn off all of your household electrical devices and get outside, even for an hour.
- FACT: Did you know? The five warmest years on record have all come after 1998.
- Step 3: Pick up trash near a lake, stream, or street in your neighborhood, or adopt a section of highway.
- Step 4: Recycle old household chemicals and paint cans.
- TIP: Install a community garden with the help of the whole neighborhood and get reacquainted with your neighbors at the same time.
- Step 5: Take old clothes and household items that you don't use anymore to a local charity. Have children do the same with their old toys.
- Step 6: Save energy by not driving your car or using gas-powered lawnmowers or yard equipment. Walk or ride a bike to complete your errands.
- Step 7: Plant a vegetable garden or a tree and then help a neighbor do the same.