Before you tote around your laptop in an inferior bag, invest in something that will protect it from the elements with a bit of style at the same time.
- Step 1: Select a color and material that screams you. Black and brown leather are popular with jet setting professionals, while bright pinks, purples, reds, and blues are hip with students.
- Step 2: Try out several choices before making a decision. Test everything for comfort with the weight of your laptop inside. Above all, get something that makes you happy and is convenient to use.
- FACT: In 2007, several companies began to market and offer backpacks and school uniforms that are both bulletproof and knife-proof.
- Step 3: Match your style with the right kind of bag. Purchase a messenger or backpack if you're student, or stick to a tote or briefcase if you work in an office.
- TIP: Don't skimp on safety for something cheaper. A good laptop bag will protect your expensive electronics from dust, dirt, rain, and snow.
- TIP: More room isn't always better, a bag that is too big could cause your laptop to jostle around, especially when traveling.
- Step 4: Think ahead about other necessities you wish to stuff inside your laptop bag such as mouse or keyboard, notebook and pens, mp3 player, or cell phone. Get something with enough storage space for your needs.
- Step 5: Aim for a snug fit that will cradle and protect your laptop with a soft interior. For added protection, choose a hard shell case that can withstand more than your average amount of wear and tear.
- Step 6: Measure your laptop to get the correct size. Most laptop computers come in either 15.4-inch or 17-inch versions, so be sure to get something that is big enough for your laptop.