Tossing and turning at night? If you know your options before you choose a mattress pad, you'll end up with a product that adds to your comfort and boosts your ability to get a good night's sleep.
- TIP: Allergy sufferers desiring the comfort of feather toppers might consider a down alternative fill.
- Step 1: Pick an egg crate high-density foam mattress pad to enhance body weight distribution. Egg crate mattress pads also provide comfortable cushioning.
- Step 2: Consider that the combination of mattress and mattress pad may require purchasing new deep corner sheets or a protective cover. Choose the right pad for your needs and outfit the mattress with the needed accessories, and you'll soon be sleeping like a baby.
- FACT: The average 75 year old has spent 25 years asleep.
- Step 3: Consider a featherbed mattress topper for a soft and cushiony effect.
- Step 4: Select a memory foam mattress pad for its ability to conform to your body. This type of pad is especially helpful to those with back or joint pain.
- TIP: Note that common mattress pad sizes include crib, twin, full, queen, and king.
- Step 5: Choose a cotton mattress pad for durability, considering models treated for stain protection or water-resistance.
- TIP: The thicker the pad fill, the more cushion it provides.
- Step 6: Look for hypoallergenic mattress pads in wool, latex, or organic materials to experience the health benefits.
- Step 7: Define the pad's purpose, whether that is to protect your mattress from stains, to add cushion, or to enhance body conformity. Make sure you know your mattress size to get the right pad fit.