Choosing accessories for your hair requires thoughtful decisions dependent on style, hair color, and personal taste. As the hairstyle will match the event, so will the accessory.
- TIP: For a more natural look use flowers, ornamental leaves, or colorful feathers.
- FACT: Far more hair accessories were used in the 1980s than today; almost every style had a hair accessory to make it "unique."
- Step 1: Know about the event you’ll be attending, and match it to the accessory. For an elegant cocktail party, choose diamonds or crystal. For a birthday party, choose colors!
- Step 2: Decide on a hair style. If you’re wearing it straight and long, choose something defined and simple. If thick and curly, choose something more ornate.
- Step 3: Match accessories using a similar style and color scheme to the outfit and shoes you'll be wearing.
- Step 4: Determine what type of look you want to communicate. Heavy metal speaks loud and commands attention. Slick, light, and modern communicate chic and cool.