Your bridesmaids' hairstyles are an integral part of the overall look and style of your wedding. Make sure you choose the right do with these tips.
- TIP: Consider clip-in hairpieces to achieve the look you want.
- Step 1: Factor in frizz or locks going limp if you're having an outdoor wedding. See which styles will work best with your wedding and reception sites.
- Step 2: Coordinate any hair accessories, like headbands, barrettes, and flowers, with your own hair accessories and order everything at the same time.
- FACT: According to The Knot, Inc., there is an average of 5 bridesmaids per wedding.
- Step 3: Consider the length and texture of each bridesmaid's hair. A fancy up-do won't work on a short-haired girl and the combs you like might not stay in on someone with thin, fine hair.
- Step 4: Make sure the hairstyles make sense with the bridesmaids' dresses. Avoid having the hairstyles compete with their dresses.
- Step 5: Consider loose waves or curls, either worn down or with sides loosely pinned back, with flowers mixed in if your bridesmaids will dress in airy, ruffled, romantic dresses.
- TIP: Try a single braid threaded with ribbon and pulled across the head like a headband for a country, beach, or other casual wedding look.
- Step 6: Find fancy up-do options if you're wearing a ball gown with a train and your wedding theme is formal and elegant. A French twist, classic chignon, and side chignon are good options.
- Step 7: Pair clean, modern dresses with sleek, straight blown-out hair or a slicked back ponytail.