Coordinate the flowers, accessories, and dresses with the theme of the day. Follow this advice to learn how to pick the right shade for your bridesmaids.
- Step 1: Coordinate the color of the dress with the flowers. If you have your heart set on orchids, choose a complementary shade for the bridesmaids' dresses and accessories.
- Step 2: Consider the season. Use deep jewel tones in winter, autumn colors like gold and orange in the fall, and pastels in the spring and summer to embrace the season and environment around you.
- FACT: It is a British royal tradition to include a sprig of myrtle in the bride's bouquet at her wedding.
- TIP: A floral pattern works well for an outdoor spring or summer ceremony.
- Step 3: Consider a pattern for the dresses instead of just a solid color.
- Step 4: Pick a color and let your bridesmaids choose the shade. Light colors will accentuate the features of some girls while dark shades make others sparkle.
- TIP: Keep the type of material the same for all the dresses so the bridesmaids still look like a cohesive group.
- Step 5: Consider choosing more than one color for the dresses. Not all colors look good on all people. Colors should all coordinate, but not necessarily match -- choose a few coordinating options and let each woman choose her favorite.