Enhancing your beauty is as simple as choosing colors that work with your hair instead of against it.
- Step 1: Wear light colors or shades of green if you are a brunette. Lavender looks great on people with brown hair.
- Step 2: Complement black hair with bright primary colors or bright pastels.
- FACT: Did you know? During the second century, people of the Roman Empire dyed their hair black using a combination of lead oxide and slaked lime, which can cause blistering and burning of the skin.
- Step 3: Wear light colors or shades of white if you have blonde hair. Avoid saturated intense colors and yellows to keep from enhancing yellow tones in your skin.
- Step 4: Wear jewel tones or rich earthy tones if you have red hair. These can include bronze, orange, olive, emerald, sapphire, or amethyst.
- Step 5: Determine the underlying tones in your skin. Skin tones range from very dark to very light.
- Step 6: Choose complementary colors that are opposite your hair color on the color wheel.
- TIP: Avoid colors that closely match your skin tone. If you have olive undertones, wearing green will make your skin appear green.
- Step 7: Use a mirror in a well-lit place to determine the shade of your hair, whether it is ash blonde, platinum blonde, strawberry blonde, red, chestnut, dark brown, brown-black, or true black.