Finding a good landscape gardening service requires careful research. Here are some things to keep in mind.
- TIP: Consider your budget carefully. Landscape gardening service prices can vary greatly between companies.
- Step 1: Make sure you are comfortable working with the landscape gardeners. They will be coming to you for suggestions from time to time. Now you can sit back and enjoy your new landscape!
- FACT: The first landscape gardening contest in the United States, held in 1857, resulted in the creation of New York's Central Park.
- Step 2: Get a fee schedule. Make sure you understand whether additional fees will be charged for special projects so you know how to budget your money.
- Step 3: Ask what services the landscape company provides. Make sure they will do everything you will need to have done to eliminate any last-minute stress you many encounter.
- Step 4: Ask for landscape company recommendations from friends, coworkers, or neighbors.
- TIP: If this is not an option, ask a local nursery or garden center for a recommendation.
- Step 5: Ask the landscape gardeners for references and information about their training and education. Look at the work they've done for other clients, and ask the clients whether they have been satisfied with the services.
- Step 6: Have an idea of what you'd like your yard to look like before you talk to a landscaper. Search the internet and read gardening magazines for ideas.