These days, real-size women have just as many choices in bras, panties, teddies, corsets, and other intimates as skinny-minnies do. These tips will help you select the right looks for you.
- Step 1: Pick the right thongs: Those that tie at the side are best for generously proportioned women because they don't leave pressure marks.
- Step 2: Whatever you choose, wear your plus size lingerie with confidence. You don't have to be thin to be sexy!
- FACT: Actress/singer Queen Latifah became the spokesperson for the plus-size lingerie line Curvation in 2003.
- TIP: Look for soft, vertical boning; it prevents pinching.
- Step 3: If you have an hourglass figure, a corset or bustier will accentuate your waist and show off your generous breasts. Use your waist measurement to determine corset size, and your bra band size to pick the correct size bustier. If you are a double D or bigger cup, go up one band size in the bustier.
- Step 4: Try a silk chemise -- an A-line, knee-length nightie -- if you like a subtle look. They're perfect for women who don't want anything too tight around the torso. If you have broad shoulders, you can pull off spaghetti straps. If not, try one with a halter top.
- TIP: A camisole with an Empire waist is another attractive way to camouflage a thick middle.
- Step 5: Need to suck in that middle? Who doesn't? Boy shorts are great for preventing the stomach spillage known as muffin top, while still being sexy.
- Step 6: Check out baby doll nightgowns if you love your legs; they'll show them off while hiding your tummy. A sheer fabric takes it from cute to hot.