Follow these simple steps to find flattering hairstyles.
- Step 1: Add height to the crown of your head while keeping the sides narrow. Your face will look longer.
- Step 2: Take your ideas to the salon and talk with your hairstylist about the cut you want.
- FACT: Did you know? If you laid the strands on a head of hair 12 inches long end-to-end, they would stretch for 26 miles.
- Step 3: Get your hair layered to emphasize your cheekbones and soften your face.
- Step 4: Consider bangs that are wispy or fringed to soften the hairline.
- Step 5: Part your hair on the side to soften harsh angles.
- Step 6: Try adding loose curls and waves to add roundness.
- TIP: Avoid parting your hair down the middle and long, straight styles.
- Step 7: Pull your hair off your face and examine yourself in the mirror. If your jaw line, cheekbones, and forehead are almost equal in length, you've got a square-shaped face.