Bring your complexion to life whether you're a blonde, brunette, or a redhead by choosing the right makeup for your skin tone and you'll find a glow you never knew was there.
- Step 1: Dark complexions radiate when you choose copper or bronze foundations accented by cobalt, jewel-tone, gray, or chocolate eye makeup, and burnt orange blush. Line the inner eye rims with a sapphire blue eye pencil to emphasize the whites.
- FACT: As of 2010, the cosmetic, beauty supply, and perfume industry had annual revenues of about $10 billion in 2009.
- Step 2: Get a glow on medium skin tones with foundation colors ranging from pale pastels to caramel, to lively rose hues accented by golden pink eye makeup.
- Step 3: Choose nude foundation hues for medium to fair skin tones. Use taupes with yellow undertones and accent with peachy blushes.
- Step 4: Go peachy if you have a fair complexion. Complement your skin tone with soft peaches, coppers, and bronzer, along with brown mascara.
- TIP: If you have freckles, don't try to cover them with tons of makeup. Instead, enjoy the youthful look they provide.
- Step 5: Find your perfect makeup hue by first identifying whether your skin tone is fair, medium, or dark. Consult a skin tone color chart available at makeup boutiques and department stores.