You've tried opening an MP4 file in Windows Media Player and it won't play. Convert the file to a WMV and watch that hilarious video over and over again.
- Step 1: Click Convert to begin the file conversion.
- Step 2: Open the file from the preselected output folder or from within Windows Media Player to test it for usability and play it as many times as you like.
- FACT: The first movie studio in the United States, The Black Maria, was built by Thomas Edison in 1893 in West Orange, New Jersey.
- Step 3: Select the file location for the new WMV file in the Output Folder address bar.
- Step 4: Choose the WMV generic format from the Device Preset drop-down menu.
- Step 5: Add the MP4 file to the conversion window of the converter program, by clicking the Add button.
- TIP: If you use a different converter, the buttons may be slightly different, but the process to convert will generally be the same.
- Step 6: Choose the Microsoft format from the Convert To drop-down menu.
- Step 7: Download a free copy of an MP4 to WMV converter, such as WinFF.